Understanding Your Rights
Understanding Your Rights
- Revolution Care supports you to understand the services we provide and will make efforts to communicate with you in the language and form you wish. We will engage interpreters to assist you in the planning process in situations where you might have difficulty understanding. Red Roses is committed to providing care that is culturally inclusive. We aim to ensure that all our services are provided in culturally competent ways, which respect each person’s cultural identity.
- We will review all Support Plans regularly, and where your progress towards your goals is different to expectations, we will work with you to develop a new plan, to determine what changes can be made to better meet your goals.
- There are around 4.3 million Australians who have a disability. Within the next five years, the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will provide $22 billion in funding a year to an estimated 500,000 Australians aged under 65, who have permanent and significant disability.
- For many people, it will be the first time they receive the disability support they need.
- The NDIS can provide all people with disability with information and connections to services in their communities such as doctors, sporting clubs, support groups, libraries and schools, as well as information about what support is provided by each state and territory government
- Revolution Care Services values the health and safety of all participants, and will ensure all our workers have a clear understanding of the tasks, activities and duties they are being asked to perform, and have the skills and knowledge to perform them.
- We will screen all of our employees before they provide any services, by assessing their skills, contact referees, and performing screening checks including Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme checks, National Police Checks and Working With Children Checks.
- All our workers are given clear guidance on how they should support you – the client.
- Performing duties outside of this guidance puts you and us at risk. It is therefore very important that you and your support worker understand the duties they are to perform, which will be stated in your Service Agreement.
- Revolution Care Services will protect the privacy of all participants who receive our services. You have the right to seek a copy of your records and access the information we hold about you. We will not disclose information to a third party without your consent. There may be occasions where we are required to disclose details of your medical history or disability, but we will do so in accordance with your wishes.
- Revolution Care Services will ensure that your information is kept secure and is not accessed inappropriately. We will only collect information that is necessary to ensure you receive appropriate services that help you meet your goals. The information we collect will only be accessed by the workers providing your supports. No information about you will be open to view by other clients or the general public. Photographic, video or other images of you will not be displayed without your written permission.